The Michael J. Casbon Safety Awards were developed by the NDA Awards Committee, in conjunction with the NDA Safety Committee. This award honors the legacy of the late Mike Casbon. The intention of this award is to honor companies who have demonstrated excellence in safety. NDA encourages all members, regardless of size, to participate.
An expert with 25 years of experience in the fields of demolition, decontamination and construction, Mike Casbon was a member of NDA’s Education Committee, Safety Committee and Government Affairs Committee. Mike was instrumental in the development of NDA’s Foundations of Demolition Management education series, and posthumously received NDA’s Hall of Fame Award in 2019. In addition to his contributions to the NDA, he was also a subject matter expert for the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) and had trained more than 1,000 compliance officers on field inspection principles.
The award includes three sections: lagging indicators, narrative and safety culture, for 36 possible points. View the score sheet and instructions for calculations.
The award is subdivided into three categories:
- Category A – Less than 100,000 man-hours per year
- Category B – 100,001 - 350,000 man-hours per year
- Category C – 350,000+ man-hours per year
How to Apply
- View the application questions and get ready to apply. Please note, no paper applications will be accepted - you must apply via the online form link below. You can go back to your application to edit at any time prior to the deadline.
- Collect your 300A form data.
- Complete the application by the deadline of January 9, 2024
For questions regarding the awards process, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our 2023 Michael J. Casbon Safety Award Winners!
- Category A: Detroit Dismantling Corporation
- Category B: Midwest Steel Company Rachel Contracting
- Category C: Independence Demolition